Saturday 4 August 2012

Vicky Musselwhite - Skylines EP Release

Hi all,

I'm sitting in a hotel in the South West, the kids are over on the sofa bed watching Harry Potter, my wife is beside me, and I'm lying on the bed with ear phones on listening to a new EP.

Its called Skylines and is an acoustic album released by Vicky Musselwhite. I like it, but only because its one of the few things I've listened to recently where I can write while listening to it. It just fits in the background.

One thing you will notice if you have been listening or following Vicky recently is the addition of a Bass and a mandolin to add an extra layer to the tracks. I'm not sure if its entirely needed as much as it is, but it does fill out the sound.

Of the five tracks on the EP I prefer "Shoulders Of Giants", but thats probably because I'm a fan of the more pop end of this spectrum. I'd love to hear a rock cover of it.

How to describe it? Soulful. Powerful. Emotional. Have a listen, let me know what you think.

It's available for purchase here:

http://vickimusselwhite.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment